I Almost Forgot:
Pool time is here, and I haven't passed on the recommended list of equipment and rules:
1. Flares: Parachute flares burn the longest and are recommended
2. VHF radios: Most pools DO NOT monitor 16. Check with your pool.
3. Rudders: As a courtesy to others, avoid deploying your rudders unless the ambient air causes your kayak to weather cock.
4. As always, carry a spare paddle out there, especially in the deep end.
5. The ACA has officially come out against seal launching off the high diving board.
6. Take the time to get out of your boat/pool and use the urinals (men).
7. Before surfing, be sure your intended line of travel is clear.
8. Remember: Your signal mirror may not function fully in a pool environment.
9. Don't get sloppy and forget to wear your long tow belt.
10. If caught in a rip tide, paddle perpendicular to it to escape.