Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Waiting
This morning, for the first time in a long time, I didn't jump out of bed when I woke up. Instead, I just lay there letting random memories play across my mind's eye. I stretched a little and, when there was nothing left to do (I ran out of reruns...but I digress), I begrudgingly got out of bed and began my routine.
I was still stiff from exercising yesterday and, worst of all, it was still winter. The days are still short and sunlight unreliable. I have a lot of "scut" work to do today before teaching my Anatomy & Physiology course at a local college tonight. All in all, nothing like circumnavigating Australia or going over Niagra Falls in a canoe. (Oh yeah, Beta Blogger still won't upload images for me)
Still, life is good. My stomach is full (too full, me thinks) and the garage is full of kayaks. There are good friends, coffee and coffee with good friends. And that, my friends, is all I have to say about how lack luster I feel today.
Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: