Saturday, April 14, 2007

Old War Horses

I didn't know it at the time, but when I bought my used Romany I was adding an old war horse to my stable. As it turned out, I began seeing pictures of the boat in magazines in articles by Brian Day showing how he had laid on a keel strip and patched a war wound that the boat had suffered. Checking the hull, I found the patches and matched them up to the pictures in the article. With NDK's poor quality reputation, I figured that this must be one of the good ones since it had survived so many wars.Then there's my 2000 Blazer with over a 100,000 miles on the meter. I've never had an engine problem with it and have never had to add oil between changes. Although I would be hesitant to buy an American car today, this one has turned out to be a real veteran. I hope I can get another 100,000 miles from her.

Yes, old reliable war horses. You can count on them. You can't beat them. They are often scarred and not particularly pretty, but they are always there when you need them (I wonder if Lady Linda thinks of me that way...but I digress).

Paddle safe...

DS

No comments: