Sunday, December 02, 2007

If You Wait Long Enough...

I wrote about this boat and showed this pic from the paper before. The guy, who lives south of here in Illinois, had worked on this boat and launched it here in Milwaukee. Unaware of the low water levers and/or sans charts, he ran his dream vessel aground long before taking his planned voyage across the Atlantic...right. Since then, the lady has been left to languish on the rocks at the mercy of wind and waves. Mother Nature's little beasties have driven her closer to shore where she continues to lie naked and helpless.I suspect she has been picked clean by now (although the mainsail is still on...but I digress), and I wonder if she will still float. I feel badly for the owner (although no one seems to be able to reach him...but I digress...again). Perhaps he is heart broken. Maybe so, but he still has an obligation to the boat and those who ply the waters she is in. Well, all comes to he who waits... including senility.

Paddle safe...

DS

No comments: