Friday, December 26, 2008

Safe Harbors

It looks as if we are in for a warming spell for the next few days. We will have some rain and sleet before temps rise to near 40F. Hopefully, some of the ice along the shores of Lake Michigan will relent and allow us a safe launching area. The ice flows, shifting as they do, often deny us a safe harbor upon our return to the launch sites.

It will be quite a while until we can explore the rivers. In fact, I suspect they will flood over the next few days, especially if there is a melt off up north. Meanwhile, there are the pool sessions. I hope to make the one this Sunday. I have a bit of trepidation about it. It will be my first time in a boat since my hernia repair. I was going to take my SOF but worry about working my way in and out of such a tight fit. Hopefully, I will get my Romany out into the rain for a good cleaning. Right now it has a good deal of plant material on its deck lines from playing in the surf.I hope you all got the gifts you wished for. New years eve fast approaches, and will be time to lift a glass and say all sorts of silly stuff about what happened this year and what we wish for the next. But that's another matter. Meanwhile,

Paddle safe...

DS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read about your warming and chuckle. we were 70 today in east tennessee! we are still waiting for some snow! your pictures are astounding and i love to look at them.

have a very happy new year! i hope your recovery goes well!

Silbs said...

Thanks, Suzette. If all goes well, I will be back on Lake Michigan tomorrow morning.