Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just For The Fun Of It
(Greg warms up)
 When assessing why I paddle in all sorts of weather, I keep coming up with the same answer: I enjoy it. Sure, sometimes it isn't the most comfortable thing to do. Sure, sometimes it gets too hot or too cold. Sure, my knee hurts sometimes and sometimes the kayak feels like it weighs 100 pounds. But, then, there are days like the ones we have been experiencing here in the Midwest.
 When I was a kid we generally had a few feet of snow on the ground by this time of the year. Just now, however, we are enjoying sunny balmy days, and we are making the most of it. In fact, I am amazed by how few of my fellow paddlers I see out there. Well, at least some of the land lovers are getting out there...to watch us?
Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: