Monday, March 07, 2011

Therapy
Friday, around noon, I checked into my hotel in Indiana, put on a sweater and took a walk outside...without long underwear, a hat or gloves. The warm air was like a magic elixir and lifted my spirits tremendously. Upon my return Sunday, I enjoyed lunch with JB and then an afternoon paddle with Sherri (pics to follow).

There were confused 3-4 foot, occasionally breaking, waves on the outside and, I must admit, I had to focus more than usual to stay upright. At least for a while. That's what happens when I don't get out for a long period of time, and this winter has been one of the hardest for me.

I have to write some lectures and exams and will be working Canoecopia this weekend, so no paddling until sometime next week. The extra good news is that we are expected to have a warming trend over the next 10  or more days. Life is good.

Paddle safe...
DS

3 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Dick.
I look forward to seeing you again at Canoecopia!
~Mari

Silbs said...

One day to go.

RoyM said...

lots of people at Canoeacopia....see you there:)