Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Lessons of the Blind Chicken
I was once told that even a blind chicken will get a kernel if it just keeps pecking.

 I apply this to trying to capture images on the water. I am in a moving boat without a tripod using a camera with little to no telephoto ability. Everything is moving and appears small. So, I just keep clicking and sort things out later.
 On Monday the wind was gusting to 40 MPH and there were righteous waves coming through the gap. A small group of us went out there to play and I, as the blind chicken, clicked away. With some cropping and contrast adjustments, I was able to salvage a few usable images. They still don't show the dynamics of the situation, but you all know what it can be like out there.
I will try to get a few more usable ones up this week (both schools now in session).
Paddle safe...
DS

2 comments:

Tony said...

As we know the camera seems to flatten out the water and we know what 40 mph can generate. I think you've captured the gist of the conditions.

The third photo - Nordkapp?

Tony :-)

Silbs said...

Thanks. Yes, Gary is in a Nordkapp,