Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I now realize...


that I haven't been in a Greenland boat for over a year and that it requires a different skill set than a regular sea kayak. It has taken me a couple of outings in the new boat to get some of the feel back.

I have added some padding and roll easily enough, but I have lost my touch for some of the rolls. I am guessing my form has deteriorated and that I am doing little things wrong here and there. How perfect that I am off to Greenland QAJAQ camp this weekend in Michigan. I am going with a beginners mind.

Paddle safe...
DS

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good things always happen when an instructor gets to put on the student hat again--Have a great time at stick camp!

Silbs said...

Thanks.

JohnB said...

Drive safely and enjoy!

Buncher said...

I suspect that Adena can replace the foam for you.