Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here's Looking at You
How you doing? Really. Depending on what lattitude you live, you may be gong to the beach, lauching in the cold or (as we are here) cowarding from the weather. We're a good ways into winter, and we're still here (except for Lady Linda who is in Florida. Poor woman, she's missing some of this great winter). Although it rarely happens, I am sick. By my own estimation, I have lost double my weight in mucous and generated enough energy by coughing to light a city. Prepping for 3 classes (each two times a week) has just been the cherry on top of this wonderful desert of a season.


I am resolving to start looking ahead as a way of avoiding suicidal thoughts. I need to hold on until the vitamin C and all my antigens beat this thing out of me. Then, hopefully, there will be that new day when the temperature goes above freezing. On that day, neighbors, long thought gone, will appear on drive ways, and we all admire the salt damage done to each of our cars.

Further down the road, the ice packs (which, as I speak, protect us from invaders from the Michigan side) will crack and float off. If it works out well, we will have (for the second time in 5 years) a warm day to paddle amongst the floating bergs.

So, that's enough fibbing to myself. The coffee is ready, and I have lesson plans to do.

Paddle safe...

DS

1 comment:

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

send me those group rates for the psychiatrist. ;-)

I was told to take two thousand paddle strokes and call the doc in the morning