Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year,
New Challenges
I haven't been in a boat for 2 or 3 weeks, and I am getting restless. It's a new year and, although I don't know what they will be, there will surely be new problems and new puzzles to solve. For the moment, however, the frigid chill factors and not-so-safe ice shelves along the shore have kept me home bound. On the plus side, I have been going to the gym regularly and building huge muscles (in my dreams) and a tiny waist (same dream). Still, I have to get back on the water, any water; and it looks like that will be at this Sunday's pool session.
Beyond that, I look forward to scenes like the one above. I look forward to a sandy launch site and no dry suit (that will be some time from now). I look forward to renewing the search for my next perfect boat and, who knows, maybe actually getting one. In addition, I look forward to teaching and helping keep folks from doing this:

If you don't see any thing wrong with the picture, come take a lesson or two.

Paddle safe...

DS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hopping you deleted that picture. I look foward to more lessons in 2009. Bill Hensien, bhensien@wi.rr.com

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

That middle shot is just amazing, what a super photo. Youare definitely a master at your craft.

Stan

Tony said...

Very funny. We (Stan, 3 other paddlers and myself) had a paddler join us last season who couldn't hold his paddle correctly and ended up having to be towed. We should have told him to go home.

Tony :-)

Silbs said...

Bill, I was going to keep you anonymous, but you've outed yourself.
STony, Bill was/is actually a quick learner, and I happen to catch him in one of those moments we have all experienced.
Stan, coming from you that is high praise. I have to own up that I put the sun into that photo as it seldom appears in the low SW sky around here.

Unknown said...

I`d probably go crazy if I couldnt get out on the water for such a long time, maybe theres a pill you can take to make you feel better.

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

doc... i can't even get the weather right and you want me to do geometry? goodness gracious, anybody got a T-square? T-rescue, maybe?