Saturday, April 11, 2009

Please tell me that I'm wrong

I don't know how I came about it, I wasn't looking for it, but I found that I have a Google photo thingy (Picasso?). Seems there are over 400 photos there which I gather are ones I have either e mailed or posted on this blog (blogspot is apparently a Google thingy too).

Not really wanting my stuff out there, I went to delete it which, in turn, brought up a warning that should I delete any picture or folder the same would be deleted from my hard drive. If this is true, I feel scammed (I know I signed one of those "I agree" statements). Who the hell are they to have access to my hard drive?

Now why on earth would they do such a thing. Are those photos now theirs? To what use could they possibly put them? Besides, there are no model releases for any people in any of the photos.

Until I do find out, I will not be posting any more pictures. If I do find out it is true, then no pictures and little point to blogging.

Paddle safe...
DS

3 comments:

The Elder Daughter said...

Do you mean Picasa? Picasa is a software application for organizing and editing digital photos. It's probably just searching for anything on your hard drive that ends in .jpg or .gif. No one else is able to see the images. It's a tool to help you locate your photos on your own computer. I think your safe.

Silbs said...

Yes, Doug, but I can never remove them...see today's quote.

Buncher said...

Who's Doug? I wrote that.