Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sometimes I sits and Thinks...
...Sometimes I just thinks. It's about knowing when to slow down, when to "drop out" and smell the roses. It's about taking time to take inventory and actually see, really see, with your soul the world around you and all its blessings. Okay, the feel-good cliche festival ends, but I remain in a mellow mood.

After two nights of bad insomnia (cause unknown), I got 12 hours of sleep last night before waking to the wonderful sounds that only a 2+month-old grand daughter can make. My grandson and his mother are due into Milwaukee in a few hours. Sun in law #2 is due tomorrow. My house, like my life, will be full of wonderful gifts. Suddenly, I feel great, relaxed, in the flow, bliss...okay, a few more cliches. Life is good. Kayaking is wonderful and there is so much more.

So, I sits and take it all in and feel gratitude. I don't know who wrote it, but it must have been a wise person: A poor life this when full of care I have no time to sit and stare.

Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: