Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Up In The Attic
As a kid, I loved going up into the attic of our old duplex to rummage through boxes of old clothes, toys and photographs. I still do. Thing is, I don't have an attic, not a real one anyway. What we have now is a space with insulation and no floor. But I do have a big trunk down in the basement, and there is lots of memorabilia in it. Thing is, they revolve mostly around my time in the military. So, now, I have to rummage through folders of pixels instead; but it still serves the same purpose.
Some bring back memories, and some are just interesting. They all, however, remind me of how quickly time is passing.
I could spend hours with my images, both those on the computer and the stacks of mounted 11x14 black and white prints in the basement. Just now, I have to leave to teach. The images will wait for me.

Paddle safe...
DS
x

3 comments:

bollocks said...

Where was the sidewalk photo taken? It looks very familiar to me.

Silbs said...

Actually, it was taken out of a hotel window in Tel Aviv, Israel.

bollocks said...

Opposite the Sheraton perhaps? That's amazing. I think I have a mirror image of that photo, taken from my room at the Sheraton Tel Aviv in 2000. I haven't looked at that photo in forever, but I just dug it up and you can see the same damn sidewalk. I'll email it to you if you like. josh_bolick@yahoo.com