Thursday, April 21, 2011

Days go by...
The days are racing by, and I am caught up in a land-scheduled life. What with teaching, writing lectures and exams and the usual day to day, I have not been on the water in several days. More over, winter-like weather continues to reappear, and it is hard for me to break out of my winter mind set.

On the bright side, I have my grand children here this week, and the house (when I can be there) is filled with child-energy and joy.

Oddly enough, this is turning into a period of reflection for me. My mind is filled with thoughts of elder life, service and a connection to something outside of myself yet deep inside myself. It is a flow of ideas that I periodically have visited throughout my life, often when some life-change is in the offering. What that change might be I cannot yet say.

Soon enough the warmth, my new boat and the pump I ordered will arrive. Outdoor lessons will get underway and school obligations will be over until fall. I just need to hang in there until then.

Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: