Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ouch
I have inflammation of the saddle joints of both thumbs. I have to believe it is from paddling. I am wearing splints (on and off) that immobilize that joint. I took them off today because I just had to paddle.

I moved the shims (means something different here, Gnarly) under the front edge of the seat in my Romany. Much better. With little time available, I took to the river near my house. There is high water just now, and the current was easily 5+knots with a 20mph wind in my face to boot. Needless to say, I got my exercise in just fine. Admittedly, there were stops along the way to catch my breath and check for chest pain. Now my thumbs really hurt.

Paddle safe...
DS

2 comments:

gnarlydog said...

Silbs, I am not that familiar with the term "shim" so I looked it up: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shim
Definition #5 seems to be of US and A origin...
Not sure which one you were referring to :-)

Silbs said...

1. Here, a shim is a wedge of wood shaped like a door stop. It can be wedged under the leg of a table that is too short.
1. #1 was what I was told it meant in your country when I was there. I used the term as above only to receive a dirty look fromthe waitress. It = she + him, a transvestite.