Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sometimes The Magic Works...
...sometimes it doesn't. Woke to a "perfect" day. Warm, light air and warm waters waiting out at Lake Nemahbin. So, I load up and make the 35 mile drive and launch at the DNR site (above). I paddle to the area where we practice. The water is warm, clear and free of weeds. Then I roll...

...and it feels like a Greyhound bus. It's sloppy and has no snap or style. I feel clumsy, and my timing isn't the way I'd like it to be. Finally, I miss an angel roll, the first miss since I don't remember when. I pack it in and meet JB at Caribou for solace and coffee. It turns out to be the best part of the day...so far. Tomorrow may be different.

Paddle safe...
DS

1 comment:

JohnB said...

Coffee at Caribou is often the best part of my day, and today was really good!!! Glad it was good for you too.

Though I had to return to work, I put on some good music, plugged in my noise cancelling ear buds and tuned out all around me (good thing incoming calls pop on my computer screen and flash a bright red light on the phone--especially since Oz (my wife for those who don't know) called and offered to do the grocery shopping if I told her what to get, and what I wanted to fix for dinner). Processed a bunch of stuff and now it is almost time to go home. :)