Saturday, January 01, 2011

A Good Ending
I was in withdrawal. The ice had kept me off the water for far too long. But yesterday--the last day of the year--Carl and I found a little opening at Bradford beach and launched onto Lake Michigan. A southerly wind was making for a foggy day and, at times, we were unable to see the shore from 100 yards out.
 We had a long "carry" to the opening, so we made like sleds and dragged our boats over the ice shelf.
Carl had on his helmet cam, and I am waiting to see what he shot.
 The landing was dicey because of onshore waves and large chunks of ice floating along the shore. 
All in all, I was a happy camper having finished off the year with a paddle.

Paddle safe...
DS

5 comments:

JohnB said...

The glass was finally half-full, a great day on a Great Lake!

Ron said...

Glad you made it on the lake! All the best for the new year!

RoyM said...

Hey JB...guess that means My glass is half empty:)

Best Wishes
Roy

Silbs said...

Best to you all.

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

U R the Man.