Monday, February 11, 2008

Outta' Here

I checked, and the weather man is pretty certain that the temps will not see much of anything above the freezing mark for the next week. It sucketh. So, Lady Linda and I...along with our friends and neighbors Pat and Fred...are leaving tomorrow for Arizona.

We plan to snooze, read, go out into the landscape around Phoenix and generally waste time and warm our bones. As we have a rather early flight out in the morning, I may be away from this site for a day or two. I do plan on taking a camera (or two) and a lap top. I understand there is wireless where we are staying, so maybe I can show you some shots of sand kayaking...if there be such a sport.

You all stay warm.

Paddle safe...

DS

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Smart move, methinks. And if going by listening to Wait, Wait - Don't Tell Me on NPR this weekend, Arizona Governor, Janet Napolitano, sounds a real hoot, and must liven the state up.

DaveO said...

South Mountain park in the Phoenix area is interesting if you get down that way. Understand your local ball club is in spring training now also. Don't plan on any curves in the road however. They laid out that town with a ruler! Enjoy. I understand that re-acclimatating to the cold only takes a couple weeks or so ;)

Silbs said...

I will see if I can catch the NPR show down there. As for re-acclimating...I could just wait until it warms up here before returning (or until the money runs out).

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Maybe there will eveb be sand moguls to give some wave texture. Heh, heh.