Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Taking a break in here somewhere sometime(me at QAJAQ a few yrs. ago)
I'm feeling the pressure of the schedule I've set for the next few weeks and think, perhaps, I need a break. But from what?

Tonight I am giving a getting into kayaking type talk at a local shop. Tomorrow, as with all Wednesdays, I teach all day. I teach two courses at a nursing school. Normally, each course would consist of classes on two days, so I am giving the equivalent of four lectures each Wednesday. That requires prep time, lots of prep time.

Friday I leave for San Francisco to do my cardiology seminar for Physician Assistants, Nurse practitioners and generalists. I hate the travel, but I love doing the gig and meeting the people.

I will get home late on Sunday and have a few days to prepare second quarter exams for my classes. I will also need to get the exams set up and the material sent to another instructor who has graciously agreed to cover me next week. Why?

JB and I (and some others) are headed to the Inland Sea Kayak Symposium on Lake Superior, about 8 hours north of here (by car). We will likely leave Tuesday evening to cut down on the driving time Wednsday as we are going early to participate in an instructor update led by Nigel Dennis who is coming from across the pond. That will get me back home late that Sunday at which time I need to start prep for that Wednesday's two double lectures.

Bottom line is that I might not have time to post as often, but I shall return once things get back to what we call normal around here.

Paddle safe...
DS

11 comments:

JohnB said...

Your schedule almost matches mine--this week I have 5-8 hour days at the day job, 3-6 hour EMT shifts during the week (after the 8 hours of the office. Followed by 17 hour EMT shift on Saturday. 8 hours office on Monday and Tuesday next week, with 6 hours EMT Monday night. Pack for ISS on Sunday, and leave for ISS Tuesday after work. Perhaps we should sleep all the way up--hiring a driver of course! I was just reading an article in todays's JS about the importance of sleep . . . really???

Silbs said...

Simple difference here. I'm busy. You're nuts :)

Mine's said...

Don't forget you need to fit in your birthday and some time to wish your wife and son-in-law Scott a happy birthday,

Ron said...

See you at the symposium. I'll probably show up late on Tuesday.

RoyM said...

Going to miss the symposium this year...flying to Iceland next week for my youngest daughters wedding.

Don't use up all the water before I get back (enjoy)

Best Wishes
Roy

Silbs said...

Nice. Safe travels, and congratulations.

DaveO said...

Roy, bring back some of that black sand, it would look good in Bark Bay. Silbs, I'm throwing out a guess on your new boat......Nordkapp LV?? Hope it and you arrive safely in the greater Washburn area. I should be drifting in sometime on Wednesday as well.

RoyM said...

Thanks Silbs for the congrats.....

About that sand Dave(the taller of the twins)...think flying and weight limits...think...Black sand...HMMM

Think I just take pictures and leave footprints :)

Have fun in Washburn and the Islands

Best wishes
Roy

Silbs said...

Nope, not a Nordkapp. Probably take 5 months to get here.

Ben said...

If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair!

Silbs said...

You're not old enough to know that lne