Monday, June 01, 2009

Here Come's The Judge

There's the old story about a Chicago judge who after hearing the district attorney's argument says, "You're right." The defense attorney immediately objects and states his argument on behalf of his accused client. The judge responds with, "You're right, too." At that point, a reporter says to the judge, "You have just told two people with exactly opposite arguments that they are both right, and that is not possible." The judge simply answers, "You're right, too."

Stay with me. I have had more than one posting on paddle length and the arguments for short v. long paddles. I indicated that I have ordered a 230 low angle paddle to use in place of my 220 low angle paddle (same blade). Well...I was at a local shop the other day because I had a gift certificate and, to get right to it, I walked out with a 210 high angle blade (Tybee). The surface area of the blade is on the small size and lessens the shoulder loading of paddling high angle. Sometimes it feels great, other times not so much. Only time will tell as I spend time with each.

In the mean time, I want you to know that, no matter which side of the argument you come down on, you're right, too.

Paddle safe...
DS

2 comments:

RoyM said...

I was going to comment about thinking that only a persons wife can be right ALL the time....decided not to say it...

figured It would come back to haunt me :)

so I figured I'd just say that size Does matter (boats and paddles)

Best Wishes
Roy

Silbs said...

You are touching on an area more dangerous than a 5 rapid :)