Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eye of the Beholder
Our recent cruise was relaxing and, at times boring. One of my intentions was to do some reading (which I did) and to do some photography for me. I often click off images for this blog, but I yearn to do images just because they are satisfying to me.


 I caught these 2 chatting when our boats were docked across from one another. I decided to desaturate the pic and tint it as if a sepia print.

 By carefully cropping out the surroundings, the girl on the wall appears to me climbing a massive rock.

In Mexico the sun was shining and there was vibrant color all around. I simply got close to this plant so the red building filled the background. I hit the exposure on the nail (using the camera's histogram) and made a straight "print".

I feel better now.

Paddle safe...
DS
x

2 comments:

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Nice work Silbs. Perspective is such a big part of photos as well I find is composing, which sometimes gives me the greatest difficulty. By the time I figure it out the light has changed, the subject moved or gone etc. so I have been studying others'work for inspiration and ideas. Always good to check yours out for sure.

Silbs said...

Thanks, a wonderful comment considering the source.