Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Want/Need to Camp

In a few minutes (I have been up since 4:30am) I will leave for a day of teaching at a nursing school. I will finish about 9:00pm. I love teaching or I wouldn't be doing it, but I want to go camping. I want to be off man's schedules and away from freeway noises.

I want to wake and go to sleep with the sun. I want to eat only when I am hungry and not because the clock says it is time. In fact, I don't want to wear a watch.

I want to read a book when I feel like it, paddle when I feel like it and even take naps. I want to notice the light and take my camera for a walk of discovery. I want to sit and stare.

Meanwhile, anyone interested in the adenohypophysis?

Paddle safe...
DS

4 comments:

Tony said...

Sounds like you want what Kayak Bill had, but probably not as spartan! Haven't heard of Kayak Bill by chance? Google it, very interesting read.

Tony :-)

DaveO said...

The very best scene in the movie Jeremiah Johnson is where Redford and Will Geer meet near the end of the film and Redford's character asks Geers, "Would you happen to know what month it is?" That's the kind of schedule detachment I am striving for. They never did figure out if it was March or April.

Unknown said...

hmmmm. . . similar to a traffic cop isn't it?

vicki said...

I am having the same yearnings to camp, feeling trapped by work, the weathe, the urban jungle that we call civilzation. I have a trip planned to Utah canyons in April. Ahhhhh....