Monday, September 29, 2008

Peninsula State Park Outing
A small group of us got up to Door County this past weekend for camping, relaxing and paddling on Lake Michigan. The weather cooperated...for the most part.
I arrived early on Friday and pretty much had the lake to myself. Both the sky and waters were clear, so I did a relaxing paddle while waiting for our camp site to be vacated. Not much to say, except it was a pleasure.
With no particular goal in mind, I explored the shore line which is a mixture of trees, rocks, limestone cliffs and a smattering of fall colors. The others drifted in as they came up after work. By 11 pm all were accounted for. I'll have more pics tomorrow.
Paddle safe...
DS

2 comments:

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

i find it very interesting that as fall arrives and the sky turns grey we both shoot black and white... looks like an outstanding trip!!

great photos!!

Silbs said...

Thanks. I've done about 1,000,000 fall color shots and am, anyway, a BW guy in my heart. I will have some more tomorrow.