Friday, April 06, 2007

Ohmmmmmmmmmmm's Law

Note to Mother Nature: You win. You control the universe in which I live, and I can but adjust to it. When you decide it is time (and only then...but I digress), the leaves change their colors and drop to the ground in obedience to your power. When you decide, snow falls and ice covers my world. When you decide, winter ends...but not until you decide.

But, Mom, I am so freaking sick of the cold air that I am starting to experience depression, constipation, irritability and a general funk. So I must, in the face of your overwhelming largess, keep my sanity until you decide it is time to make the world warm again. So, I will sit, look at pictures like this one and say, "Ohmmmmmmmmmm."

Paddle safe...

DS

2 comments:

Ron said...

I couldn't agree more!

Michael said...

I'm beginning to realise that that I'm not in Florida as well. We're into our third day of on and off snow with a full week of the same forecasted. I'm looking at some snow-kayaking activities on the back hill...