Friday, September 21, 2007

Fancy Paper Weights I know, it is a pic of the beloved Optio waterproof camera so many of us use on the water. And there is no question but that it takes excellent images and has a wide range of features (depending on which edition of the camera you have...but I digress). Now and then, however, I read someone complaining about the thing breaking. I am now a proud member of that club. With no eye piece, one is dependent on the rear display when aiming the bugger. A few days ago, however, my screen gave up the fight and no longer works. Like a real guy, I never registered the guarantee and cannot find the paper work to show that this is a relatively new camera. I have been a loyal Canon fan for ever and have all sorts of their digital and film cameras and lenses. Time to rethink it all. (Note to self: send in guarantee card. Save proof of purchase).
Paddle safe...
DS



2 comments:

Michael said...

I actually paid to have one of my Canon cameras repaired as I liked it that much. It cost nearly as much as a new model, but I paid the price because the new ones lacked the features of mine. The screen going black and its inability to take more photos was the symptom, the problem was a failed motherboard.

derrick said...

yep another canon fan here too. Pentax on the other hand . . . yarg!