Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family
This may surprise you, but I hate to travel. Loathe it...if it is by plane or train. I do like automobiles for reasons that we don't have to go over now. Thing is, I hate packing, doing the airport thing and meeting schedules. On the other hand, blood is thicker than water...and I would walk through fire for the little guy in the window.
This trip to Disney was to celebrate Lady Linda's 60th birthday, so we all gathered at her favorite place (interesting from a psychiatric standpoint, don't you think)? As we all knew going in, she wasn't going to be the center of attention. Our grandson had that role in the bag.

Lady Linda and I, along with Grandma and an honory aunt and uncle, spent most of the time with him so his parents could have a little vacation of their own. There were, of course, time for the three of them to be together. After all, they're family.

Paddle safe...

DS

2 comments:

DaveO said...

Ah, I remember the good old days when I had to have the then two year old 2ndLtOlson on a leash. I improvised with rope back then and got many dirty looks and 'he's a little boy, not a dog' comments. This was before the child leash became common but the kid was as quick as a snake and could vanish like Houdini. I'm glad the concept caught on.

Silbs said...

You probablyshouldn't have been yelling "HEEL" at him :)