Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Did Pretty Well

I just received this year's issue of Sea Kayker magazine's readers' choice awards, and I did okay.

Right off the bat, I am (according to the votes) paddling the BEST ROUGH WATER PLAY BOAT. It seems that the venerable Romany got it right the first time when NDK began producing them in 1973. And the good news continues.

Seems I have one of the best PFD's, as well. So what if it's the Ms Fit for women. I knew that going in. It's a great vest, you just have to be comfortable of your manhood.

Congratulations to my good friends (and bosses) at Rutabaga over in Madison. They got the nod for Best Sea Kayak Shop in the Midwest. I am proud to be on their instructor's list, and I've written before about their excellent hiring philosophy.

Congrats, too, to Gail and Grant. their Living Adventure was chosen the Best Tour Operator in the Midwest. They have a fine reputation up there on Lake Superior and have been instrumental in producing the symposium off the Apostle Islands.

As usual, the rest of the issue is good reading, but you probably know that already.

Paddle safe...

DS

No comments: