Monday, October 13, 2008

K.I.S.S.

Sometimes, keeping it simple isn't stupid. We had sensational weather over the weekend, and we had sensational company at our house. As a result, I was only able to free up some time for short day paddles (coordinated to occur when my grandson was napping). No adventuring or exploring, just time to get out into the warm air and onto the lake which was warming from an ESE wind blowing in warm top water.

I packed myself a lunch, paddle for a time into the 15 mph wind, turned and had a nice sled ride part way back. I pulled onto a beach, set up my little back rest and enjoyed the lunch I'd brought along. It was relaxing, and I felt I had made the best use of the time I had for paddling that day.

Of course, I left no trace. I didn't even seem to bother the lovers with whom I shared the strip of sand.

Paddle safe...

DS

No comments: