Thursday, September 10, 2009

I've told You
a 1000 times
It was spring of 2006, and I posted something like, "can you read this? It was written in invisible ink." That inane little writing was my first posting on Silbs Says. I had no idea if it was something I would stick with or just give a try. Today, having said nothing cogent, interesting or sane since 2006, the dashboard tells me that this is my 1000th post. Peanuts, I'd say, compared to other blogs, but significant to me. After all, some folks think I have ADD. I don't and...oh look, a chicken.

I've enjoyed playing here and loved some of the responses I've had from so many nice folks. through this page, I've met a lot of folks who have become friends and learned from a lot of others who have become my teachers. It is here that I have been able to share with some of you the joy I get from kayaking, photography, grand kids and life.

I always thoguht that this particular post would have to be spectacular, pithy and memorable. Then, I decided not to put that much of a burden onto my right brain. Instead, I have chosen to thank you all for putting up with my stuff and, even more, for playing along.

Paddle safe...
DS

x

x

9 comments:

Michael said...

Well done, Doctor! You have made us all a bit richer for your efforts. Another 1000 posts ahead?

Silbs said...

Many thanks, Michael. Who knows. It may be years before I get my next idea :)

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

You may have a thousand posts but I know the words behind them are infinite. Its been pleasurable viewing your images and reading your insights. I can only hope to one day graze on some of that skill you have as a photographer and indulge myself in a whole new arena of picture taking that has always been a passion. Looking forward to many more posts. Trying to decide between Nikon D700 and Alpha 900 Sony cameras. I've researched the butt out of both. Any thoughts? stanmac@nl.rogers.com

Thanks Silbs.

Anonymous said...

well, i am glad you have posted 1000 times. i love your pictures and your words and feel thankful that you wanna share with us. you are a bright spot in many of my days.

Alex said...

Congrats! I look forward to reading your next 1000!

Silbs said...

Thanks, Suzette (and Stan to whom I wrote off line). Who knew?

Ron said...

I've enjoyed reading the posts and the many wonderful photos, well done!!

JohnB said...

BZ!

Silbs said...

Thanks, all.