Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Perfect boat
Let's see, there is the perfect boat, the perfect mate and a pot of gold under the rainbow. So far, I've only found the second and have never looked for the third. Like many of you, however, I seek far and wide the perfect boat.

That's why I was out in the Force 4 on Sunday. I was looking for my next perfect boat. Of course my Romany is a perfect boat...for teaching and short paddles. It handles almost like a skin on frame and turns as much on a dime as any hull I've been in. The perfect boat I seek now is one between 17 and 50 feet in length. It will go from zero to sixty in two, at the most three, strokes and will track like a bullet train (and carve a tight circle with a nuance of edge). It will behave equally well in tumultuous waves as it does on glassy smooth waters. Of course, it will surf as well as anything out there and roll with the twitch of my quadriceps. Oh yes, it will be light and amazingly low-priced.

If you have such a boat for sale, please contact me. But first, you will need to explain to me why you are selling it Unless, of course, you have found a more perfect boat.

Paddle safe...
DS

x

6 comments:

JohnB said...

I hope that you don't drive yourself, or the rest of us for that matter, insane as you continue this quest. . . you might have better luck searching for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. How about a bottle of that golden Welsh single malt whisky--now there's a find!

Dreams are a good thing, dream on!

Anonymous said...

that picture is very amazing...still having trouble with my computer and uploading anything. the computer leaves again tomorrow, so, hopefully, i will be back soon. keep the photo advice coming...i need it!

Silbs said...

JB, the only pot I can find is in the mirror.

Suzette, I miss your images.

JohnB said...

that's not a "pot" it's a load!

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

the perfect boat, is the one you're in... pushing from the shore, feeling the breeze on your face. The one in the store holds no memories.

all right...never mind the dribble.. swing by let s go boat shopping...

Silbs said...

That's why hopeless romantics never get a nice new boat :)