Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wish me well

I hate traveling, especially by air. Never mind that I was a flight surgeon in F-105s and was trained in parachutes and ejection seats. Never mind the terrorism thing. Never mind that my anniversary is on 9/11 (our 25th was on the big 9/11).


What I dislike is the waiting, the whole baggage thing and the looooong flights with window shades drawn. But, Lady Linda wishes to go to Rome, and (get this) it's her treat. So we are gong to Rome and a few other cities which I forget. I was there once before and suspect it will look the same.

What I will be looking for is the European relaxed style of living with more wine, smaller meals and lots of walking. And great light. It is said that Tuscany has fabulous light for photography. We shall see.

I am taking a lap top along with photo equipment and promise to post and share as often as I can while being relaxed and under the influence of wine. If all goes well, I shall return to these shores on the 19th and return to the winter lock down as it approaches.

Just now, I have to load the Romany on the Blazer and meet JB and Derrick (see his blog today: kayakwisconsin.net) for a frolic on Lake Michigan.

Until next time...
Paddle safe...
DS

1 comment:

JohnB said...

What a nice way to spend the day before you "ship" off across the big pond--a great day on a Great Lake. . .a good time was had by all!

Have a great trip and enjoy the photo opportunities and the rest, and the wine.

I'll keep a seat open for you at our Bella's.

Have fun, and a very happy anniversary to you and Linda!