Thursday, August 19, 2010

Juggling

How am I going to get it all in, keep up all the skills. As it is, I will miss this summer's QAJAQ camp. I cannot remember when I was last in my skin on frame kayak. Am I trying to do too much?

As of now, it appears I will be teaching a total of 4 courses at three colleges/Universities. Most of my Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays will be spent in the classroom; and that doesn't include prep time and/or grading papers. As the days get shorter I will have less time to paddle. On top of it all, some of my weekends will be spent traveling to lecture on cardiology. This often consumes the entire weekend, although I do often get back early on Sundays.

Yesterday I wrote how teaching a lot can lead to deteriorating skills. I wonder what a lack of butt-in-the-boat time can do.

Paddle Safe...
DS

No comments: