Friday, June 15, 2007

Getting Back To It
Not having been to any new places and having been doing the same old same old every day, I have neglected my photography. Going through some of my old files, I've come to miss being visually creative. I was, after all, trained in fine arts black and white work by some of Ansel Adam's protege's (hence my dog's name of Ansel....but I digress). These few pics are not, by any means, my best stuff, but they are enough to stimulate the old juices.
Frankly, These are too manipulated and don't represent the images I enjoy making the most. So, it is time to get out there and see what there is to see. Part of me wants to take out the big 4x5 and shoot some sheet film, maybe Polaroids so I can forgo the darkroom work for now. That camera slows me down and really forces me to compose carefully and calculate my own exposures. We shall see.
Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: