Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All By Myself

I just read where Wendy and Renee parted ways on their Italian paddle. I believe both of them had relationship issues of their own and that it was not a mutually beneficial match up. In any event, Renee was philosophical and did some solid thinking about what he needed in life. In the end, I believe, one needs to be happy with one's own company. So, when I woke up Saturday (it was 39F in the tent...but I digress) I was looking forward to paddling with my comrades and to also have some time to myself.

I took a walk later in the day and wandered off the paths and into wooded areas. The leaves were putting on a special show, but I wasn't interested in bright and pretty. I wanted some solitude and a chance to let go, meditate and stop thinking about me. Slowly, as I wandered amongst tree people of all ages, I became absorbed into the land. Then I began to see again. See in the sense of being mindful of the beauty and shapes around me.

I saw, once again, as a photographer. Bright and pretty lost their importance to shape and shades. And all around me were the images, the beautiful images, of the Master Painter. And they had been waiting for me all this time.Paddle safe...

DS

3 comments:

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

Beautiful...

JohnB said...

WORD!

derrick said...

Autumn and winter certainly renew my awareness of the lines, curves and shapes all around. Great time to get the camera out!