Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I haven't been this sick in ages

It is just before 6 am. The house is cool, it is dark outside and my throat hurts like hell. By my calculations, I have produced enough snot to lose 12 pounds of weight. All this thanks to young Joseph who, for the past 4 days, has filled our house with joy and viruses. From this pic, taken yesterday (with Lady Linda's Mother...but I digress), he is satisfied and proud with his work.

There is a strange silence in the house this morning. Absent are those wonderful sound that only a happy well fed infant can make. Also, there are no play mats, infants chairs or other goodies strewn about the floor. Warm memories have crept in to fill the void left by the departure of family. Warm memories of a celebration of unlimited joy and the gathering together of friends and family.

So, I sit here in the quiet knowing that that day is over and that I am not fit to go onto the water today. Anyone have a throat lozenge?

Paddle safe...

DS

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Germs of love, Silbs ;)

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

Take two paddle outings and call me in the morning!!