Sunday, December 09, 2007

Building a Picture

Work Flow: Part I
So here is a grab shot shown just as the camera captured it. Mildly interesting and blah, it needs work. It is not a technically good image, but I am using it to illustrate some basics that I've been asked about (via e mails).

2

In the second image I have used the clone tool to cover up the many small white floaters, especially around the bird. The eye is naturally drawn to bright spots in a picture, so the specks were detracting from the main subject. The photo has been cropped a bit.
3
Here some edge burning has been done and over all contrast has been adjusted.


4

In 4, I've burned in around the edges and slightly increased the contrast over all. The image has also been sharpened, something almost always necessary after manipulating an image. Am I happy with the picture now? Not really. I think the composition is a bit weak from the start. It could be cropped many different ways and manipulated to the extreme.

Like so. Paddle safe...
DS




No comments: