Friday, April 04, 2008

Slowly But Surely
I've been out a few times this week, including yesterday. The ice is off Lake Michigan, and a huge array of water birds have returned, including the swans. Highs in 50's (F) are expected this weekend, albeit with rain. Winter, it seems, is at last releasing its grip on us.

The image above, taken last summer on the river near my home, reminds me of warm and sunny days to come. What a concept. Trips, symposiums, teaching and group paddles are just around the corner. Time to come alive.

Paddle safe...
DS

3 comments:

derrick said...

and it's about freaking time!

DaveO said...

I think I've been reading your posts too religiously. Now I'm getting obsessed with spring!

Douglas Wilcox said...

Just typical! I may have been paddling all winter but just as you guys are getting spring we are back to north winds and snow. No paddling this weekend :o(

No wonder Brits spend so long talking about the weather!