Saturday, February 10, 2007

An Acute Onset Of Reality?

If you read Derrick each day, you know that Andrew McAuley is nearing the end of his circumnavigation of New Zealand. Apparently, his boat was found last evening abandoned about 40 miles off the coast of NZ. Derrick has been up most of the night tracking the search.

I was about to write a very happy blog about my family when I read Derrick's piece. I don't feel like doing that just now, and it certainly does not seem appropriate. Instead, I will be monitoring Derrick's site until I know something about Andrew's condition. I never met the man (other than via Derrick's site), but my thoughts are with him and his family.

This can be, bottom line, a dangerous sport. Something good has got to come out of this.

Please...Paddle safe...
DS

No comments: